During winter, we spend more time indoors. This is why it is very important to make sure that the air quality inside your home is suitable. Breathing in impure air is hazardous to the health of you, your family, and your pets. Read on for 5 things you can do today to instantly improve the quality of the air inside your home. Keep your family happy and healthy!
- Dust, dirt, allergens, and bacteria picked up by our clothes and shoes while we’re outside
- Solutions we use in cleaning our home
- Having several people in a closed space without proper ventilation
- Chemicals used in manufacturing common items found around our homes including paint, ink, rubber, carpet, furniture varnish, paper, etc.
- Dead skin cells make up a significant portion of household dust
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO FIX THIS TODAY
There are several things you can start today, that will drastically improve the indoor air quality of your home.
1. Vacuum, mop, and dust regularly. Allergens and dust get stuck to our clothes while we are out, and then are brought inside the house when we come home. Bacteria and dirt gets tracked into the house on our shoes. Avoid these from causing sickness in your home by prompt cleaning.
2. Don’t allow smoking in the house. WebMD states:
“Cigarette smoke contains more than 4,000 chemicals. Research shows that secondhand smoke increases a child’s risk of developing ear and respiratory infections, asthma, cancer, and sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). For the smoker, this addiction causes cancer, breathing problems, heart attacks, and stroke.”
3. Call a licensed professional HVAC contractor to check and change the ductwork and air filters in your home. If you are in the Los Angeles or Orange County areas, we at California Air would be happy to come help you out! We have provided quality HVAC services to these areas for over 25 years. Call us at 310-530-0504 or click here to schedule a service call.
4. Get a house plant. A study done by NASA indicates the powerful effect the following plants have in cleansing the air inside homes.
5. Crack open the window. Most heating systems just recirculate air, and don’t bring in fresh air. This just causes the dust, germs, and chemicals already in the air to move around within the home. The US Environmental Protection Agency recommends bringing in outside air, if even just for a little bit. This gets rid of some of those pollutants, and brings in fresher air from the outdoors.
By following these tips to improve your indoor air quality, you can get a healthier house, starting today!
CALIFORNIA AIR CONDITIONING: takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.
Subscribe to our newsletter.