Warming your home is a priority as Autumn turns to Winter. There are several different kinds of portable heaters that you can use to add extra warmth to chosen parts of your home during the winter. It is certainly a convenience to use a small, movable space heater where extra heat is needed, but used improperly, they can be real dangers.
Here are some things you need to be careful of with this type of heater.
- Space heaters caused 2/5 of all home fires, and 4/5 of all deaths due to home fires.
- Over 50% of fires involving portable heaters were caused because there were things too close to the heater.
- Almost half of the fires caused by home heating occur in December, January, and February.
- 1 out of 3 home heating fires happened because the heater was not properly cleaned.
.So, as you can see, it is very important to pay attention to your space heater (portable or stationary) in order to safely enjoy the heat it provides.
Here are some tips for how to make the most of your space heater and ensure that it’s operating safely.
- Keep a 3-foot space empty around the heater so that nothing can catch on fire. This includes clothing, toys, mattresses, bedding, furniture, rugs, etc.
- Call a licensed professional to clean and maintain the heater every year, to reduce fire risks.
- Turn off the heater when you leave the room.
Used carefully, a space heater is a very helpful addition to your home in the cold winter months. Additional info and tips can be found here.
CALIFORNIA AIR CONDITIONING: takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.
Subscribe to our newsletter.