Always an important topic to know.
Carbon Monoxide (CO) poisoning can occur and has occurred in homes, commercial buildings, and retail stores all over the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 400 Americans die every year from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning. Although it seems surreal, it can happen. After all, carbon monoxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.
What CO does to the body is mix with hemoglobin in the bloodstream and replaces oxygen until it completely overcomes the body. Someone entering your home or store complaining of nausea, headaches, weakness, or feeling faint are sure signs that there may be a carbon monoxide leak somewhere. High-level poisoning can result in vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vision, and loss of consciousness. These symptoms can be mistaken as flu-like symptoms.
Carbon monoxide can come from many sources: unvented kerosene, leaking chimneys, gas furnaces, gas stoves, generators, gas powered equipment…
View original post 281 more words