Excessive heat can be uncomfortable at best and fatal at worst. Although it can be helpful, air conditioning can become expensive and will take a fat wad of cash to keep. By making some simple changes, you can avoid the heat and save a lot of money.
1. Get a fan for your room. A fan on low setting can blow a breeze blowing across the room.
2. Freezing your pillow an hour two before bed.
3. Reduce the amount of covering you have on your bed.
4. Drink water frequently. Your body will feel cooler if you are hydrated. Add mint leaves, or orange to your water to make it more refreshing.
5. Wet all your hair, or just parts of it. But beware, you might end up with curly or frizzy hair!
6. Bandanna soaked in water.
7. Run cold water over your wrists.
8. Soak your feet in a bucket of cold water.
9. Go for a swim.
10. Fill your tub with cool water and get in. Refill the bathtub with cold water as it starts getting warmer.
11. Lie on the floor at the lower level of your home.
12. Close your blinds.
13. Make a DIY air conditioner. All you’ll need is a fan, a metal bowl of ice, and a fan. Place the bowl in front of the fan. As it evaporates, the fan will blow that cool air towards you.
Above are just some ways to keep cool without air conditioning. We can’t guarantee it’ll keep you cool for the whole day or night but what we know for certain is that, these methods will temporarily cool you down. If worse comes to worst, have an air conditioning installed. Who knows.. you might actually enjoy having one!
CALIFORNIA AIR CONDITIONING: takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.
Subscribe to our newsletter