Approximately around 3:30 a.m. on Saturday, February 8, a fire broke loose in a South Los Angeles home. Victim, Anna Brooks, 98, was taken to the hospital but shortly passes away due to extreme smoke inhalation. It was said that the floor furnace was to blame for the blaze and a non-functioning smoke alarm could have warned the tenant of the blaze that was about to takeoff.
According to fire officials, including this incident, this would be the eight fatal fire this years that could have been pprevented if the home had working smoke alarms. With the numbers of casualties last year being at 21, the firefighters are very concerned that the number is so high so early this year.
This has prompted firefighters to pass out free smoke alarms in Brooks’ neighborhood as well as surrounding areas to encourage residents to install and check their smoke alarms.
(Read atricle here)
Avoid this from happening by following two simple steps:
1. Change the battery to your smoke alarm monthly. If you do not have one, have one installed.
2. Have a professional HVAC contractor diagnose your furnace.
CALIFORNIA AIR CONDITIONING: takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.
Subscribe to our newsletter