Going to sleep isn’t as easy as it was a few years ago. There wasn’t that many distractions around; technology and media mostly. If you’re like me or the huge majority on this planet, you understand where i’m coming from and it’s a pain to deal with.
According to the Institute For Functional Medicine, here’s a few tips and suggestion to help achieve better sleep:
- Minimize or avoid stimulants such as coffee, alcohol, aerobic exercises, some medications, and desserts.
- Avoid nighttime tension and anxiety-provoking activities like watching the news, paying bills, arguments, etc.
- Sleep planning and bedroom preparation. Plan ahead of time to sleep 8-9 hours, go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day, avoid naps longer than 45 minutes later in the day, and avoid getting in bed after midnight.
- Strategies to use with trouble falling asleep or staying asleep. Consider reading a good, neutral book before bed, Covering over your eyes, and try writing thoughts into a journal.
- Bedroom air quality (*Cough* California Air *Cough*). Keep the bedroom air clean by using HEPA filter, clean the vents in the house once a year, and check for mold or musty smells.
- Light, noise, temperature, and environmental issues. Turn down the lights 15 minutes before bedtime, turn off appliances that makes noises, sleep away from any electric fields like phones and computers, and make sure the sleeping area is comfortable by temperature.
- Dealing with nighttine tension and anxiety. Avoid negative judgements, schedule days to deal with troubling issues, and yoga or any stress reducing activities.
- Bedding and pillow. Consider a body pillow to hug and put between your knees to align your back and shoulders, high quality linens, and consider a “side sleeper” pillow.
- Supplements. Consider taking 5-HTP, melatonin, calming herbs like lemon balm and valerian root, and evening herbal tea.
Regardless if it happens once or twice a week, receiving great sleep is beneficial not only for your body but your mental state. Try one of the tips above and let us know how you feel. Just because we are a HVAC company doesn’t mean we only know H-V-A-C. Aim for 8 hours tonight to feel like a million bucks tomorrow!
CALIFORNIA AIR CONDITIONING: takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.
Subscribe to our newsletter.