Everyone who owns a furnace knows how important safety is. Double checking when the furnace is acting up, or when it simply is not working. Furnace safety can also save you money by avoiding costly replacements when it can be avoided by some simple tips. Here is a helpful list that you can read over:
Clean or change furnace filters regularly. Replace disposable filters. Wash, brush or vacuum permanent filters.
- Check the exhaust vent from the furnace. Clear obstructions such as leaves or animal nests from the vent pipe. Keep roof exhaust vents clear of snow.
- Inspect the blower motor with the power off. Vacuum any accumulated dirt. If the owner’s manual calls for it, oil the motor. Inspect the V-belt and pulleys for wear. Tighten the belt if it moves more than an inch when you push it.
- Check air intake. Most mobile home furnaces draw combustion air from beneath the home. To allow air to pass freely beneath the home, the skirting should have four to six vents.
- Replace carpeting in the furnace compartment with sheet metal or other fireproof material. Newer home furnaces have wire mesh in front of the stack to prevent storage on top of the furnace. If this mesh is missing, replace it.
- Be sure the thermostat on your furnace is in good working condition by keeping it clean. Have it checked periodically by a heating professional.
- Clean out debris in the furnace area. Never use your furnace closet for storage or drying clothes.
- Check the flue assembly (when cool) for alignment and rigidity. The flue should run in a straight line from the top of the furnace through the ceiling. Be sure the flue is attached to the furnace collar. Check for loose wiring near the flue. If you find any, move it and secure it well away from the flue pipe.
- Keep the flue pipe free of excessive deposits of carbon. Have your furnace maintenance person check and clean the flue pipe, fuel lines, safety controls and burner before each heating season.
California Air Conditioning takes pride in their professional and efficient service. Hiring the best technicians in HVAC, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration, and Heating, California Air delivers the best and most reliable service. With over 30 years of experience, California Air specializes in both commercial and residential calls. There is no job too big, or too small.
HELP US GROW OUR PRESCENCE ON THE WEB
CONTACT US California Air-Conditioning, Inc.
Email us: Here!.
25217 Narbonne Ave., Lomita CA 90717.
Phone: (310)530-0504 Fax:(310)530-4004 24/7 NUMBER: (310)505-5700.